All things considered, Dawg fans, would you say you are started up at this point? You ought to be. Washington headed out to Palo Alto (CA) and put a 27-9 whipping on Stanford Saturday (11-3-07) to end Washington’s 6-game losing streak.
The Huskies at last worked up to the next level of their bike and told us the best way to ride The Cardinal into the turf. The Cardinal is a truly strange moniker for an American school football crew; it alludes to-in all honesty the shade of their pullovers and not some bird zooming around Palo Alto.
I think that its weird that The Cardinal is likewise consistently alluded to in the particular as opposed to the plural, as, “here comes The Cardinal” as the players surge onto the field.
Regardless of the entirety of the discussion about Stanford being Washington’s most vulnerable rival since its season opening 42-12 triumph out and about at Syracuse, The Cardinal miracle USC 24-23 out and about. The Huskies lost to USC 27-24 at home.
I anticipated that get-togethers’ misfortune to Oregon it would beat Arizona. The Huskies beginning 22 then, at that point instantly went out and lost to the Wildcats 48-41 in Husky Stadium. So I was a game off.
How Washington dealt with Stanford merited the stand by. For openers:
1) Senior full back Louis Rankin scrambled for 255 yards and a score, the fourth best surging presentation in school history. คาสิโน กัมพูชา The Husky hostile line recovered some proportion of pride as Rankin arrived at the midpoint of 7.1 yards per convey.
I think a great deal of us recall Corey Dillon’s 259 yard surging execution against Oregon in 1996. Fortunately, I am not mature enough to recollect record-holder Hugh McElhenny’s 296-yard exertion against Washington State in 1950.
2) Freshman Jake Locker added one more 97 yards at 6.1 yards per convey. Coming, he broke Dennis Fitzpatrick’s 1974 record of 697 yards by a Husky quarterback. At the point when the game was finished, Locker had 791 yards this season with 4 games passed on to play.
3) The Huskies stacked up 388 net yards surging and 151 yards passing (16 for 32, no scores and 1 block attempt) for 547 complete yards on offense. The protection surrendered 234 complete net yards.
4) Washington had 33 first downs (25 racing) to Stanford’s 15, and overwhelmed the clock with 35:46 season of ownership to Stanford’s 24:14.
5) Loyal fans have been standing by the entire season for the Husky safeguard to ascend and resemble the Huskies of the brilliance years under unbelievable Head Coach Don James and Defensive Coordinator (and later Head Coach) Jim Lambright.
That second came in the second quarter with Washington driving 10-3 and Stanford on the Husky 2-yard line following a Louis Rankin mishandle. On first down, the Huskies pushed Stanford back a yard.
Stanford’s subsequent endeavor to score was halted when senior linebacker Trenton Tuiasosopo stood up Stanford’s ballcarrier, junior cornerback Byron Davenport flew in and punched the ball free, and senior security Mesphin Forrester recuperated.
So, the Washington Husky group met up upsettingly and protectively against Stanford. At the point when I anticipated get-togethers Oregon misfortune that the best was on the way I was not just composing inspirational statements.
Eventually, as day follows night, the unpracticed players become more experienced and perform better.
The following stop for the Huskies is at Oregon State. The Beavers are noted for their physical (interpret fierce) hits and play. The game could turn out to be even more a thunder in football gear. The Huskies will get hit and they need to hit back more enthusiastically. Savage power and fortitude could decide the champ.